On January 17, CMS updated the Open Payments dataset to reflect changes to the data that took place since the last publication on June 30, 2017. CMS updates the Open Payments data at least once annually to include updates from disputes and other data corrections made since the initial publication of the data.
The refreshed Open Payments Data Set includes:
- Record Updates: Changes to non-disputed records that were made on or before Nov. 15, 2017, are published.
- Disputed Records: Dispute resolutions completed on or before Dec. 31, 2017, are displayed with the updated information. Records with active disputes that remained unresolved as of Dec. 31, 2017, are displayed as disputed.
- Record Deletions: Records deleted before Dec. 31, 2017, were removed from the Open Payments database. Records deleted after Dec. 31, 2017, remained in the database but will be removed during the next data publication in June 2018.
For More Information:
- Open Payments website
- If you have questions, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 855-326-8366
Improved Open Payments Data Website
The Open Payments Data website is enhanced to increase user accessibility, improve user experience, and provide a more robust search tool. Enhancements include:
- Overall site redesign: The home page is reformatted with a new look and layout, featuring an updated search bar that allows users to search by physician name, teaching hospital, and reporting entity. The new layout is designed to better organize existing site content and highlight new content.
- Fully mobile responsive site: Allows users to view the site in full on smartphones and tablets.
- Redesigned Facts About Open Payments webpage: Includes upgraded table format displays.
Map Search Feature: Allows users to view search results via a new map feature. Users may also search by address and limit search results based on distance/radius of the specified location.